Pfarrkirche Mariae Himmelfahrt
The parish church “Assumption” was built in Gothic style around 1500. At that time it went through constant freight divisions and around 1450 the mining on Komperdell caused a rapid population growth. The supply with food for the miners and the copper-ore transport to the smelter at the Inn valley brought work and income for many. Thus the existing church, today’s pilgrimage church, was to small and a new one was built directly next to the old one. It was equipped with three magnificent altars from Jörg Lederer. The church was changed to Baroque style in 1766 and that’s still its current look.
AT 6534 Serfaus